Do you know your rights as a consumer in the EU, while you shop on the internet or on the premises from a trader in another country?
The European COnsumer Centre Bulgaria offers free information and advice on your rights, as well as othwer recommendations so that you could avoid problems when travelling or shopping abroad. You can learn from our page:
- how you could know that the web page, you are planning toi order from, is safe;
- in what term you should expect delivery of the product you bought on the Internet from another country;
- what you can do if you are not happy with the delivered product or there is no delivery at all;
- what is the term that you can return a product bought on the Internet so that you get your money back;
- how to make a reclamation when the trader is registered in another country;
- what are you air passanger rights - lost or damages lagguage, denied boarding, delayed or cancelled flight;
- what are your rights when you purchased a package travel, what to do and where to find help.
The advice of the European Consumer Centre will help you to better know your rights and advantages as a conumer in the EU, Iceland and Norway, to exercise them more efficiently and to know what to do when something goes wrong. The information on this page is of more general carachter. If you have specific questions please contact us.