5 tips for buying Euro 2016 tickets04.02.2016
Between June 10th and July 10th 2016 the European Soccer Championship will take place in France. The tickets are only available via the official UEFA Ticket Platform: euro2016.tickets.uefa.com. During the next months suspicious offers for tickets will occur via internet.
Therefore European Consumer Centre Austria summarized the most important tipps regarding a safe online ticket purchase.
1. Order your tickets only at the official ticket platform of the UEFA:euro2016.tickets.uefa.com
2. Print all the information about the order process. Screenshots may also be a good idea.
3. Do not trust exceptional or exclusive offers on the internet
4. If you have paid for the tickets by credit card and these were not delivered, please contact your bank and ask in writing for a refund of the ticket.
5. If you have not received tickets and if recovery of the purchase price did not succeed, you’re only option is the place a complaint at the police.
Car rental companies improve treatment of consumers
Did you ever book a car online and find out you had to pay more when you get to the rental desk? Last year, this was the case of 2,000 consumers in Europe, who reported these issues to the European Consumer Centres, which help consumers when they travel or buy cross border.
Member State compliance with EU law improving
The European Commission has reiterated its commitment to ensure the effective application of the whole range of European legislation and, in particular, the world's biggest single market of 500 million citizens.
Commission proposes new e-commerce rules to help consumers
The European Commission tabled a package of measures to allow consumers and companies to buy and sell products and services online more easily and confidently across the EU.
Toys and clothing top the list of dangerous products detected in 2015
The European Commission published new figures today showing that, in 2015, more than 2,000 dangerous products triggered EU-wide alerts. A key challenge is the increasing share of products bought online from outside the EU.
General register of passengers by plane
The new directive regulating the use of Passenger Name Record (PNR) data in the EU for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of terrorist offences and serious crime was approved by Parliament. It will oblige airlines to hand national authorities passengers' data for all flights from third ...